PART-TIME FINANCE / ADMINISTRATION ROLE
REPORTING TO – COMPANY DIRECTORS
Emerge Design is a Graphic & Digital Design Agency based in Wellington, Telford. We are looking for an experienced book-keeper to assist in managing our day-to-day accounting and finance requirements alongside performing general office management duties to support the Company Directors and team. Confidentiality and accuracy are important for this position, as well as good customer relations skills.
- AAT Qualified or qualified by experience
- Excellent Sage, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience using cloud-based solutions such as Sage Business Cloud, QuickBooks or Xero would be desirable
- Previous experience in a similar role would be ideal
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities include:
- Processing of sales ledger, including raising sales invoices from job cards
- Processing of purchase ledger
- Bank and petty cash reconciliations
- Credit control
- Preparation of monthly management accounts including profit and loss statements, balance sheets and a breakdown of debtors and creditors
- Submission of quarterly VAT Returns
- Cashflow management
- General office admin duties
- Ad Hoc tasks as required
Negotiable between 9am-5pm. Typically 14 hours a week, split either over 4 half-days or 2 full working days. Starting in August 2019.
Dependent on experience.
The successful candidate will require strong writing and communication skills and be able to work as part of a close team as well as on their own initiative.
Send CVs with cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 5th July 2019.
FULL-TIME MARKETING INTERN
UNIVERSITY LEVEL SANDWICH PLACEMENT OR GRADUATE ROLE
Emerge Design is seeking an enthusiastic and motivated marketer to join the team for 9 or 12-month placement. We have been creating and producing inventive marketing solutions for clients since 2006. For 13 years, our team have worked with local and global businesses. For the right candidate, a position with Emerge will be a spring board and an opportunity to be creative and influential in a marketing agency environment.
To be part of our team we expect you to have:
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- The ability to write, proof and post good quality copy
- Strong presentation and negotiation skills
- Confidence, tact and a persuasive manner
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and clients
- A willingness to work that little bit harder, often under pressure
- A professional manner
As a member of Emerge, you will experience being part of a creative design team. Every week there are new briefs and you will be expected to help find and deliver them. A keen interest in sales and a good telephone manner are essential for this role.
In addition, we also expect:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft packages and Adobe Creative Suite (experience with the Adobe Creative Suite is not essential)
- Working knowledge of social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- An understanding of Search Engine Optimisation and Analytics
- A flair for customer service
- An understanding of business development
- An interest in creative design (but please, we don’t want a designer!)
- The ability to write good copy and be responsible for its accuracy
- Knowledge of email marketing, GDPR and writing blogs is desirable
Full-time, Monday to Friday between 9 am – 5 pm, 35 hours per week. This is either a 9 or 12-month placement and can be either a Sandwich Placement or a Graduate Role. Starting in September 2019.
Dependent on experience.
We are looking for a skilled communicator with a passion for language who can help us promote Emerge and assist with growing our client portfolio.
Send CVs with cover letters to email@example.com by Friday 31st May 2019.